Group Health and Safety PolicyThe Hayward Tyler Group is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, customers, sub-contractors and visitors. It achieves this by:
- ensuring the OH&S management system is appropriate to the nature and scale of the Group's OH&S risks;
- confirming that all employees and sub-contractors have the right to work in safe and healthy environment;
- committing to putting in place a management system that is designed to prevent injury and ill health and to continually improve its OH&S Management System and performance;
- setting and working to legal requirements that will at least meet the relevant statutory regulations for Health & Safety matters and those other requirements to which the Group subscribes and relate to its OH&S hazards;
- providing a framework for setting and reviewing OH&S Objectives;
- establishing a documented, implemented and maintained OH&S management system;
- reviewing and where appropriate, developing these standards in light of changes in technology, or standards, industry practices and trends in legislation;
- operating within the standards set by the company and by statutory Health & Safety regulations and ensuring the use of good working practice where standards are not available;
- ensuring that potential health & safety hazards are assessed activities;
- providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment;
- being committed to providing procedures to ensure the safe handling and use of substances;
- ensuring that Trade Union representatives all employees are properly informed of this policy and their responsibilities for health & safety matters, discharge them effectively and are encouraged to participate in the prevention of accidents and protection of health.
- providing where appropriate providing training to ensure all employees are competent to fulfil their responsibilities;
- providing effective mechanisms for consultation with employees on matters affecting health & safety protection at work and that this policy is available to interested parties;
- being committed to performing regular audits of the Health and Safety arrangements to ensure that these objectives are being fulfilled;.
- ensuring this policy is reviewed periodically to establish that it remains relevant and appropriate to Hayward Tyler.